Name of client:
Origin of funding:
Name of partners:
Office of the Ombudsman of the Perm Krai
Center of Civic Analysis and Independent Research (GRANY)
- Team leader, key and non-key experts
- Capacity building of the Office of Ombudsman and four District Centers of Civic Activism
- Three surveys (base-line, interim and final) on citizen’s knowledge and empowerment with regard to civil/human rights
- Three surveys (base-line, interim and final) on citizen’s concern/satisfaction/empowerment with regard to regional/local government
- Assessment of training needs
- Development, delivery and evaluation of trainings on protection of individual civil/human rights
- Development, delivery and evaluation of trainings on preparing and conducting public information campaigns
- Development, delivery and evaluation of trainings on mediation
- Development of an on-going training of trainers programme
- Development and delivery of trainings on public participation and decision-making
- Development and delivery of training on basic public management and finance
- Facilitation of citizen outreach activities (via blogs, websites, e-bulletins) and information campaigns
- Conducting pilot public participation activities in selected key services
- Study tour on mediation
- Study tour on citizen participation
|Description of project
A project supporting the Office of the Ombudsman of Perm Krai in guaranteeing the constitutional rights and freedoms of citizens and ensuring the observance of those rights and freedoms by public bodies. Particularly, the project aims to establish and develop four district Centers for Accountability and Civil Rights.
The project is organised in three components:
- Outreach - providing and facilitating information materials, platforms and campaigns on issues of public interest intiatied by local administration, local activitsts, informal groups or individual citizens.
- Mediation - assisting (groups of ) citizens in redressing complaints and mediating between local governments, public service providers and the population.
- Participation - facilitating citizen participation in the formal public life of the district or settlement
(i.e. in decision –making, budget planning, implementation and monitoring).
|© Nicolaas Witsen Foundation 2009 |